The Mount Kenya Epik Challenge
What to expect
- Riders compete in teams of two to ensure they take care of each other on each leg of the stage race which vary between 80 and 120 km per day. Riding in twos is also integral to team tactics. To qualify for a finish, paired teams have to stay together for the duration of the race and must cross the line within two minutes of each other.
- Times taken to finish each stage of the race are aggregated to determine the overall winning team in each category at the end of the race. Winners of each stage are recognised at the end of each day.
- The five day stage race will be proceeded by a prologue on Friday 8th November, 2019 starting and finishing at Naro Moru River Lodge from 2.30 pm. This will give participants an opportunity to familiarise themselves with the race format and terrain and also acclamitise to the higher altitudes.
The actual stage race begins with Day 1 on Saturday 9th November 2019, 9.00 am starting at Naro Moru River Lodge and will complete on Wednesday 13th November 2019 at Naro Moru River Lodge.
How to register
- Participants are invited to register for the full four days of the MTB tour, or alternatively can register for a 02 day package or for daily participation. Those wishing to take part in any leg of the event can register within one hour of the start of the days stage at the start point. They will be charged a daily fee of 2,000/- per rider .
- Click here for more details on registration and the 05 or 02 day packages available for entry.
- For international participants, we have developed various packages which include several Safari options which provide cyclists an opportunity to experience some of what Kenya is traditionally known for as a tourist destination.
- Click here for a direct link to the Visit Kenya section and international packages.